PDA

View Full Version : Drop/pull down menu ... help!!

uzee
05-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi,
I'm working with an existing page to add some additional functionality to it. It is not worth the time and effort to do it from scratch.

It currently has anmage to choose a provider based on US State. It is only a jpg image which shows a small arrow as if for the pull down menu, but its just an image. I'm trying to map the actual pull down menu right on that spot so that arrow actually becomes functional. I've done a little similar thing before with an image to activate a part of it as a hyperlink using the "map" tag but dont know how the pull down menu would work.
One additional point, the pull down menu will be coming from a database, but I think that is something we should worry about later....
Thanks very much
uzee

davidj
05-28-2007, 09:31 PM
are you creating your own menu rather than using a built in select field

domedia
05-28-2007, 10:42 PM
uzee if you're going to copy and paste posts from other forums, at least take out the links they inserted.
links removed from this post as well.

uzee
05-29-2007, 05:21 AM
domedia: My apologies, I didn't realize that. You are right sometimes I do post the question on 2-3 forums just to get more replies/advices, I will be careful next time.
davidj: I was planning on using the select field which in turn it will be linked to the database which has a table of US States.
thanks

davidj
05-29-2007, 08:21 AM
the select field comes with its own button

why do you need a new one

uzee
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks davidj. I guess I did not explain myself properly. I need to use the functionality of the select field and not the actual field+button itself. The problem is that I already have an image which has a little arrow in it. I need to map the menu right on the arrow so that when the mouse goes over it, or clicks it, it displays the drop down menu.
thanks

davidj
05-29-2007, 10:44 AM
im still confused...

your using a select field yes?

but you want an image instead of the select field?

i am missing something here.

uzee
05-30-2007, 12:53 AM
ok... let me try again :) Forget the select field altogether. I want a pull down menu mapped right on top of an image. So when the mouse goes over it or clicks it, it drops the menu (the menu by the way is for US States). I've seen some flash menus do this kind of thing and was told that dreamweaverr has the ability to do that but I cant find it in dreamweaver. It has the regular jump and select menus in the "Form" section. Hence my question... let me know if this clarifies and any suggestions...
thanks

davidj
05-30-2007, 05:49 AM
the only way i can see this happening is if you develop your own dropdown using a layer

its allot of work for so little in return

i would stick to using the built in select field