PDA

View Full Version : newbee help restricing browser window size?

tallaghtspur
05-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi all,
ive been given a jpeg by a designer who wants it made into a website. Ive decided to insert it as a background and drop the relevant content ontop of it using tables. Usually i would start from 800 x 600 restrictions... and this is the size of the image that ive been given. Is there any code that i can insert that will restrict the browsers windows to 800 x 600 when they are opened by the end viewers of the site?
any help on this would be great and advice on where the releveant code should be inserted...
thanks a bunch

davidj
05-26-2007, 12:23 PM
post the image so we can see

tallaghtspur
05-26-2007, 01:14 PM
here is the image that ive recieved. The content shall be on top of the white area with a nav bar resting on the top of it... its 800 x 600 and i what to restict it to this size for optimum viewing when opened in a browser...
thanks

chriskq
05-27-2007, 12:59 PM
i can do this for u if u want

no need to restrict anything... just need cleaver css

chriskq
05-27-2007, 01:22 PM
aww im so nice
to view: http://redro.com.au/_searchTest/demo/

plus is attached.

Andromeda
05-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Beautiful!!

d a v e
05-27-2007, 09:10 PM
it's a nice design but it's a pity the background is over-compressed: you can see the banding in the gradient and artefacts around leaves and stems, particularly on the side. a bit of smoothing and bit less compression would still result in acceptable file size yet look better ;)

tallaghtspur
05-28-2007, 12:23 AM
chriskq .... thank ytou so much. dave the file that i posted was a compressed version of the original file that had to be restricted to post on the forum. When im in dreamwaever is there a simple straight forward way of swithing the images from the one thats inserted at the moment to the original that i have ?? thanks a bunch once again...

chriskq
05-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Dave....

the graphic looks a bit dodge becuase talla gave it to me as a jpg... i then put it photoshop and sliced it from there....
of course it can look better if u slice it from the Real PSD file.... Dont be too quick too judge ok mate.

and yes talla switch out the images as you need and make the paths correct in the css.

d a v e
05-28-2007, 04:12 AM
"Dave....

the graphic looks a bit dodge becuase talla gave it to me as a jpg... i then put it photoshop and sliced it from there....
of course it can look better if u slice it from the Real PSD file.... Dont be too quick too judge ok mate."

i wasn't judging anyone just pointing out how it would be better from a better original. ;)