PDA

View Full Version : HTML slices - can I layer them anyway?

peacock
05-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi guys,

I have created a simple portfolio in fireworks with 3 pics which I have exported to dreamweaver.

When you rollover each pic it displays some information about the image etc in a slice below the images.

All of this text is in one place, so I have one slice which has different text depending on which frame you are on.

My problem was that exporting the fireworks even at 100 Jpeg quality resulted in a significant loss of quality in the text so I have recently found out you can use HTML for the text. However (and here is my question finally) it seems you can only put HTML in a slice so there is noway to have different HTML as you rollover the different pictures?

Is this correct or is there anyway that I can basically have layered HTML as you rollover the different images? Does this make any sense to anyone? Many thanks for your help!

Richard

domedia
05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
HTML by definition is made to handle information (text), so whoever told you to start off with making everything images should be fired ;-)

You can switch layers, and DW has a built in function for this (show-hide layers ) in the behaviours panel. Help files will have accurate instructions how to use it.

peacock
05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow that is so much better!!! Thank you so much, had been struggeling for ages with that, can't believe it was so easy :)