PDA

View Full Version : Editing Many Pages in One Go!

hornby
05-21-2007, 04:02 PM
I am working on a website and i have a design i have made, i then want to make all the pages on that website look like this, how to i do it? I am using Dreamweaver 4! Thanks

Andromeda
05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Create a template and then create pages using that template.

Welcome to the forum hornby.

hornby
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
ok, but the company i am working with already have a website in place, all i am doing is editing there header and changing some links, i am working on a header and i need to enter it on all the pages with all ready are there? Thanks

Mark_W
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Could you not take the header code of the html insert that into a new file and save it as 'header.php', then where the html code would have been on the pages insert the following code <?php include("header.php"); ?>

That way all you need to do is edit the 'header.php' page and all the others will update.

hornby
05-22-2007, 07:40 AM
PHP file.. where will this be? if i edit this file will the whole website change?

chriskq
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Mark is talking about using include files.

they are in essence a seperate html or php or asp etc page on their own, so you only have to edit one instance of the file to get changes across your whole site that is using the include.

eg: putting a navigation div in a include file is very smart.

First up Hornby what extension are u using to code with? Just html or ...?
then read up on using include files for whatever type you code is.

domedia
05-22-2007, 01:59 PM
hornby, unless you know *some* kind of server side scripting, you're not going to be able to do this.