PDA

View Full Version : layer background image

Kostaben
05-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Hello everyone.

How can i put an image as background in a layer, without filling up the whole layer with multiple images but leaving the rest of the space empty

Thank you

Andromeda
05-19-2007, 08:15 AM
If you are using css use this code:

# layername {background:url(imagefolder/yourimage.gif) no-repeat;}

The blue words need to be replaced with whatever your layer and image is called.

Kostaben
05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
thank you!

Kostaben
05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Just one thing more. Is it possible for a layer to be transparent? I didn't find something in its properties.

Thanks

fwr1000
05-19-2007, 11:53 AM
By default a layer is transparent. The background color of the page (or whatever the layer is over) will show "through" as the color.

Kostaben
05-19-2007, 11:57 AM
ok i'm sorry, i mean the background image of the layer to be semi-transparent.

fwr1000
05-19-2007, 12:02 PM
If you have Photoshop or other similar graphics editor, you could use that program to make the image semi transparent. Would have to be saved as a .png file type to allow a browser to interperet the transparency correctly. If you don't have a photo editor, a free one with lots of power is GIMP. Google for it. Somewhat steep learning curve but has most of the things Photoshop has.

Andromeda
05-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Having a look at this thread might be helpful.

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22322

Meeguk
05-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I have a colored layered background with bevel and emboss in my header section that I want to place a logo text over and then a rollover affect for the index page link, [back to the homepage.]

Is it advisable to put the text on the layer in Photshop, [it arches] or forego the arch and just use CSS? I'm having trouble with the rollover once it opens in a browser, is why I'm asking.

Thanks.

[Also, what's the purpose of limiting the edit function to 30 minutes? It's annoying to not be able to edit what I wrote earlier. This is that serious of a forum where what one posts shouldn't be changed, is it?]

domedia
05-20-2007, 04:23 PM
If you get reply(ies) to your post, and then the earlier post get's edited, it might take the whole logic out of the thread. This is not set in stone though, we're constantly changing settings etc to make this a better experience.[Also, what's the purpose of limiting the edit function to 30 minutes? It's annoying to not be able to edit what I wrote earlier. This is that serious of a forum where what one posts shouldn't be changed, is it?]