PDA

View Full Version : Midi File Code Question

Cricket
05-18-2007, 09:31 PM
:mrgreen: I'm trying to figure out how to make a midi file (i.e., a song) to flow from one page on a Web site to another without having to start over again. Also, I'd like to make the option of turning the music off on any of the pages without the song starting over again.

Can anyone give me some HTML code for this? I'd really appreciate it!

davidj
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
first let me start by saying that music, especially midi, on a web site is considered the ultimate in lame-ness. Its an amature inclusion which was in fashion in the mid 90's. It carrys the same respect as rotating envelopes and the <blink>,<marquee> tags. This undermines any professional intent and gives a very nu-bee feel to your work where what ever message your trying to relay falls flat on its face because nobody takes those sites seriously.

you have been warned...

///////////////

the only way i can see you doing this is to use a frame and embed the music in that.

Cricket
05-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Well, the thing is that it's not a midi file. I was just using that as an example. The site I have is already up and it's directed towards Juggalos (fans of Insane Clown Posse), who have been requesting music on the site for a while now. I'll take your advice and use that method, then post again if it doesn't work.

Thank you very much for your help!

davidj
05-18-2007, 10:44 PM
you could import the sound file into flash and then you could use that to control the sound but you will still have to use the frame method