PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP!!! animation and layers

Creativei
05-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I admit I may be a few teeth short of a comb but I have only recently started using dreamweaver and I can not figure this out for love or money.

I designed a template in photoshop- I opened in dreamweaver - tried both 8 which I own and the trial version of CS3 to animate one of the layers. I have gone through tutorials and have been trying for the last 2 days. This can not be that difficult but I do not know what I am doing wrong- Pleeeeeease help someone .... I am begging!!!!!!!

davidj
05-17-2007, 09:50 PM
what are you wanting to animate? and how

Creativei
05-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Well it is for a children's site. I have a cartoon cow and I have a seperate layer with a small fly. I want the fly to buzz around the cow's head. How could this be accomplished???

Creativei
05-18-2007, 01:59 AM
wow breakthrough I did get the fly to animate through dragging it in the timeline but I can not get it to play when I load the browser even though I clicked the play on load command- dang I dont know why I am finding this so hard...HELP!!

chriskq
05-18-2007, 02:26 AM
lol... so ur using flash then? not dreamweaver to animate?

how are you inserting the flash (swf) onto ur page?

It may be better to create the animation as a animated gif in image ready rather than flash

what happens if the user doesnt have flash player installed

davidj
05-18-2007, 06:39 AM
i think Creativei has used the js timeline and is moving layers about

i would sugest you use flash though

Creativei
05-18-2007, 09:51 AM
No no I am still using Dreamweaver and am trying to animate a layer. However you bring up an interesting point- can I animate the gif outside of DW and then insert it? It just seems so easy to drag it around the page and record it- it is worked that is. ooooooh heavy heavy sigh deep dark despair ..agony and depair. I just want my fly to fly man- I am not asking for world peace!

Creativei
05-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Oh and I do not want to use flash to animate because uh (mumbling inaudibly) I am not very good at flash- (thinking for a minute) but damn I am a good designer though. Should have stuck to what I know but nooooo I had to step my toe over into web design (slapping self in head).

davidj
05-18-2007, 04:07 PM
what your after is quite advanced with the level you currently have of dreamweaver

search out timeline tutorials in dreamweaver but you need to be able to animate laters like move them around

your going to end up with allot of problems for such a small effect!

i advise against it

domedia
05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
print design and web design are 2 different worlds, which I think you are experiencing right now :)
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990124.html (from -99 but has never lost it's relevance)
Web Guru Zeldman also wrote a book for other print designers that wants to be web designers:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/books/index.php?Operation=ItemSearch&Keywords=Taking+Your+Talent+to+the+Web&SearchIndex=Books