PDA

View Full Version : Of recordsets and repeat regions

lucipub
05-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums here but I promise I won't bog everyone down with questions I should be able to find the answers to myself. At least, I'll try not to! :mrgreen:

In any case, I wonder if anyone has a solution to this: I'm putting together a database-driven site in DW. The site has 'posters,' who register and then post projects for others to view bid on. The posters also have an account page where they can review/edit their account informaton and view the jobs they've posted. I'm wondering if I can bypass SQL scripting and display the 'projects posted' records dependent on the posters' id variable, so that when they view their account they see ONLY repeating regions of jobs they themselves have posted.

Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. Thanks!

lucipub
05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Okay, so I still haven't figured out the other post, plus when I try to create master/detail pages and check them out I get 'You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MY ENTRY' LIMIT 0, 10' at line 1'

Trying to track this down ....

davidj
05-16-2007, 07:58 AM
if this is dreamweaver code then i cant help

if you want to learn PHP let me know

lucipub
05-16-2007, 01:41 PM
PHP is probably the way to go with this, so if you can give me a pointer or two to get me on my way I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

davidj
05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
pointer 1

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-mysql-apache.php