PDA

View Full Version : Ramandeeps PHP Form to Email - Windows

leroybrown
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi

I have used Ramamdeeps form to email tutorial a few times. It is easy to use and very effective. I have come across a problem though and I hope somebody might be able to help.

I want to use script on my friends website. He is with Fasthosts.co.uk and is on a windows server. The PHP script doesn't seem to work. Is their a way it could be adapted to function properly. If not, does anybody know of an alternative that would work and is as simple to use as this is?

Many thanks for your support.

davidj
05-14-2007, 07:18 PM
does the host support PHP

if not the only other way would be to use another supported language

leroybrown
05-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks.

This is the problem. The host certainly does support PHP (UK's largest hosting service). The problem is the account is hosted on a windows 2003 server not Linux. I understand some PHP components are not compatible with this.

Do you know whether or not enabling ASP on the account will make any difference. If I do need to go with another scripting language can anybody point me in the direction of a script as simple to use as Ramandeeps that will help me achieve this task? I am not a scriptor, just do design work.

Thank you to anyone who can help me further.

davidj
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
just because the host supports PHP it doesnt mean you have access to it.

Im guessing that you dont have PHP support due to the fact your on a windows server.

You cant just switch ASP on and expect a PHP script to work as they are different languages. You have 2 options. Move the site onto a unix based, PHP service (ask your hosting company as you might get this for free) or bin the PHP mail script and find an ASP one

leroybrown
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Thank you for your reply.

PHP is supported on both the Windows 2003 and Linux servers at Fasthosts. I can also confirm that they are automatically activated.

So, PHP will work, but this script will not. I understand it has been designed to work on a Linux platform (certain PHP components won't work form this platform apparently). Moving the site over to another server was my initial response. Sadly, this is not possible as other features on the website are set up for the facilities fasthosts place on their windows server.

You mention using an ASP script. I think this would be the best soloution, but I have had not luck finding one that I can understand how to implement. I would be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of an ASP script that will do what the (Ramandeeps) PHP script does and is not to difficult for a novice to implement.

Thanks again.

davidj
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
im not an ASP coder sorry but there are loads out there

http://www.brainjar.com/asp/formmail/