PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 - temp2342.htm

nofx1728
05-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm using Dreamweaver 8. I can't upload to my ftp site. When I go into advanced settings and insert my ftp information and click test it connects successfully, but when I try to upload files it goes to temp2342.htm and then I get an error message "test.php - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put test.php. Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed. Files with errors: 1
test.php" I have no clue what is going on. This happens on multiple sites. Dreamweaver 8 also remembers some of my passwords, but some of them It resets everytime I close Dreamweaver. Can someone please help me.

Thanks,

nofx1728

5h4k42u1u
05-11-2007, 06:31 PM
the only time i think it creates temporary files is when you choose to create temp files when previewing your page. So if you're using php, i don't know if the generation of those temp files are interfering. of course, this is a log shot as you said it happens when you upload a file. To check this setting go to Prefences -> Preview in Bowser and there should be a check box.

davidj
05-11-2007, 06:52 PM
are you FTP-ing to a unix box?

if so it could be a permissions probs

you may need to chmod the remote dir to 777

nofx1728
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm not previewing with temp files and I'm not ftp-ing to unix. I have windows based hosting account through godaddy. Thanks for your replies.

davidj
05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
still check the permissions

nofx1728
05-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I just got off the phone with godaddy. They said it has to be something inside Dreamweaver because I can access my ftp and upload from a browser. I've never experienced anything like this so I don't know. How do I check permissions on my hosting account?

nofx1728
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Let me add this.. this might be helpful. When I click on remote view tab on files it shows an empty folder titled /. When I click on local view it shows all my files for the website. I have my host directory empty under remote info, but I've always had that area blank and it was able to connect previously. I don't have any subfolders on my hosting site. Also, I accidently moved the root folder inside another folder on my desktop, and then took it back out to where it was originally. I've tried deleting the entire site and recreating one with no luck.

domedia
05-12-2007, 01:37 PM
5h4k42u1u is on it. temp is a temporary file. No need for it on the server.

nofx1728
05-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't want it on the server... I don't even know what it is. I just want to be able to upload from Dreamweaver and it is not allowing me to do that. All the login information is correct. Thanks for your help... I think I have a unique situation that may only be solved by uninstalling.

davidj
05-14-2007, 07:23 PM
i would create the local and remote on your local machine then use that as a test environment. Then use a 3rd party FTP client to upload your site to the server.

pam
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I am having the exact same problem today. All was well and for some reason today when I try to upload a file it first uploads temp2342.htm and then it will look like it disconnects when it starts to upload my index.html file.
It is making me nuts.
My error isn't like the one being discussed, it is just a pop that tells me it failed. :(

pam
05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I am having the exact same problem today. All was well and for some reason today when I try to upload a file it first uploads temp2342.htm and then it will look like it disconnects when it starts to upload my index.html file.
It is making me nuts.
My error isn't like the one being discussed, it is just a pop that tells me it failed. :(

Okay, I figured it out. :mad:
My bad.
I used to log in to the server just regular, with nothing in the directory field.
Then I realized there was more on the server and then I log in to /

Well, I guess this made it so I was attempting to upload in to the wrong spot on the server. I removed the / in the 'what folder do you want to store your files in' and now it is blank and now it works.

So, maybe you had tampered with your site set up too?
If you go back to the way it was, you can probably upload again.

guitardave
05-31-2007, 08:05 PM
I, too, am having the same problem. For the past two years I have been able to log on successfully to the remote server. Now, all of a sudden, I get the message putting temp2342.htm then it errs out. Has anyone figured out how to fix this. I can successfully upload using Fetch but Dreamweaver keeps erring out.

pam
05-31-2007, 08:33 PM
I, too, am having the same problem. For the past two years I have been able to log on successfully to the remote server. Now, all of a sudden, I get the message putting temp2342.htm then it errs out. Has anyone figured out how to fix this. I can successfully upload using Fetch but Dreamweaver keeps erring out.

You probably changed your Site configuration in Dreamweaver. Did you tamper with those settings lately for that particular site? You know, where you tell it how to log on to the FTP server for that web site.

Once I put the log on information back to the way it used to be, I had no further problems.

You are getting an error, not because of the temp file, but because you are attempting to upload the file into the wrong place on the server.

guitardave
06-01-2007, 03:14 AM
No. I did not change any settings. I didn't even try to upload anything. Just trying to connect produced the error message. I'm glad it worked for you but I think there must be a different solution for me.

5h4k42u1u
07-24-2007, 04:29 PM
No. I did not change any settings. I didn't even try to upload anything. Just trying to connect produced the error message. I'm glad it worked for you but I think there must be a different solution for me.

does the connection time out or is there actually an error?

guitardave
07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
There was no connection established.

5h4k42u1u
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
well, i'm not sure if this is the problem, i've noticed that when i take my laptop to some locations, i have trouble connecting using DW's ftp, it'll time out and not connect. If its possible, i would try and connect using a diff computer (ie from work or a friends place).

Mugge
08-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I have also experienced the problem with Dreamweaver8 trying to upload a file, temp2342.htm, upon connection to remote folder.
Have anyone found a solution to this problem? :confused:

Regards Mugge

neonfluxx
08-23-2007, 03:01 AM
the temp file is caused by using a temp file to preview. Tun that off in preferences. and then try again.

Marita
08-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Hello everybody!

Has anyone found a solution for this major problem?

The best regards

Marita.

I'm using Dreamweaver 8. I can't upload to my ftp site. When I go into advanced settings and insert my ftp information and click test it connects successfully, but when I try to upload files it goes to temp2342.htm and then I get an error message "test.php - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put test.php. Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed. Files with errors: 1
test.php" I have no clue what is going on. This happens on multiple sites. Dreamweaver 8 also remembers some of my passwords, but some of them It resets everytime I close Dreamweaver. Can someone please help me.

Thanks,

nofx1728