PDA

View Full Version : Creating a template for a dynamic site?

Swerve1000
05-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi DW Club,

Currently I have the task of creating a Template through DW8 for a new PHP/MySQL driven site.

My query is basically, what is the best way to go about this? I can create the tables, graphics and general layout no problem, but my concern will be integrating the dynamic script into the site.

As long as I name the page with the .php extension (it will be one webapge, showing a search form and the results will then be displayed on the same page),

would it be enough to just leave one table blank so that the dynamic form can be added into that later?

That's my current plan.

Thanks!

John
05-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Tables are evil!! Div's are the future mate ;) And I don't quite get what your saying, but when I make layouts I crop the sections in photoshop and use css to position it all nicely. Like the header and buttons have there own <div>. Also, just set a div where you want your search results to appear and in the html place your script in the <div>.

If you try explaining clearer maybe I can help.

Swerve1000
05-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks John, Div's will be the method then, I hear CSS is much more search engine friendly to.

Basically I'm making a template for a dynamic site, but not having done this before I wonder if there are any things I need to be aware of which need to be considered when it's not a static HTML page.