PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 Runtime Error

quirkey1992
05-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi. I have been using Dreamweaver for some time now, but this has never happened before. For some reason, my computer doesn't seem to want to let Dreamweaver load properly - it gets to the normal menu then displays the following error:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:/Program Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way".

This is most annoying. I have uninstalled Dreamweaver, installed it again, completed a System Restore to when it worked, 3 days ago, updated it with the latest patch, run serious anti-virus/anti-spyware scans, repaired it again and again, uninstalled and reinstalled it again, updates the Visual C++ library, and now I am out of options. Any ideas?

davidj
05-05-2007, 05:04 PM
when you uninstall dreamweaver make sure you delete the dreamweaver directory in program files

this could be your installation disk corrupting the install so try a different disk

the only other option is to start again from scratch

format your drive and put a clean installation of your O/S on there then the first software you install would be dreamweaver then test dreamweaver after you install every other piece of software.

quirkey1992
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying it now.

format your drive and put a clean installation of your O/S on there then the first software you install would be dreamweaver then test dreamweaver after you install every other piece of software.

I installed it when I wiped my disc not long ago and it worked fine, but about 5 days ago it played up!? :confused:

quirkey1992
05-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Nope. Does not work. It seems I am stuck 'cos I'm not wiping my disk AGAIN! Anyone else ever had this problem? DESPERATION!

davidj
05-05-2007, 07:18 PM
the install disk is corupt

ask adobe for a new one