PDA

View Full Version : site estimate

gtlanz
05-03-2007, 10:46 PM
I was happly doing a mate a favor and helping redesign his firms site ( an small/med sized estate agents ) when his boss put this list of whistles and bangs he would like on the site .
As this is all way beyond me so would someone like to give an estimate of the site development including site maintenance .

Database

• Cross info of offer and demand.
• Clients’ waiting list.
• Posters.
• SMS’ sending (any free SMS system?).
• E-mails sending.
• Keeping track on phone calls.
• One list in chronological order of all SMS’, e-mails and calls made to each client.
• Visits reports on clients and properties.
• Managing clients, e-mails, SMS’, properties and web page from the database.
• Print database info sheet.
• Managing advertising: keep track of advertised properties, when and where (Mark the properties that need to be advertised and get the list ready on an email with the village, description and price.
• Statistics of properties visits, web page visits, enquiries and days on sale.
• Filters of requirements to search for properties.
• Hide address when client is watching.
• Possibility to order the whole list of properties by price, borough, ref number, sqm, rooms, pool, etc.
• Calendar with tasks to be done.
• Property reports for clients.

Web-page

• Connected to the database and updated by a click.
• Pictures, plans, info and maps on each property.
• Add a link to free calls to us like Jajah.

Communication control

• Clients’ file with e-mails to and from them, SMS’ and calls.
• SMS alerts for clients on waiting list, appointments confirmation and visits’ reports for owners.
• Automatic second replies after 10 days of sending info.

Thanks
Geoff

davidj
05-04-2007, 08:46 AM
your looking at about £10K.

This figure isnt a true valuation but i reckon thats a bottom end figure.

you will have hosting and maintenance on top.

gtlanz
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Many thanks.

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 10:36 AM
The Winchester Cars I Did Was About 4k And It Had Less Request Your Looking At the Bottom End Of 9-10k

domedia
09-16-2007, 04:35 PM
The price is acutally determined by what you're willing to make it for and what client is willing to pay for it. It is not uncommon to see bids that are 10x higher than similar bids. Why the big difference? There are no set prices in Web development so a wide range of factors come into play. Your experience, how much a risk the client think you are, your professional level etc. If you were in my market, it would probably be double what DJ said, unless you went with a pretty new company.

Did you ever try to put together a budget on how much you need to make a year and determine some kind of hourly wage based on that?