PDA

View Full Version : dreamweaver and paypal shopping cart

dickie
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Please help me!!
I am running dreamweaver MX with windows XP and trying to integrate the paypal shopping cart feature to allow people to buy my products online at www.yournameonit.co.uk (http://www.yournameonit.co.uk).
When I add html code for one item to a dreamweaver page and then upload it via my ftp server its fine, but then when I paste more html code into the page a number 2 appears after all of the fields, and its driving me mad!!
Is their a function within dreamweaver to stop this happening??
Please help, its driving me crazy!!
Thanks
Simon :confused: :x

davidj
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
its dreamweavers helping hand

you are adding form fields with the same name which are already on the page. this would render the page invalid for processing so dreamweaver adds a numeric to the end of the naming convension in order to make the field unique

dickie
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks a lot for your response.

But i do want to add various items that are quite similiar and only change with the price or size etc.

Is there a command withing dreamweaver to stop these numbers coming up?

If I upload the pages with the numbers there then when i click on the 'add to cart' paypal button it just goes to the paypal homepage?

Thanks
Simon

davidj
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
are you pasting forms onto the page?

dickie
05-04-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm pasting the html code from the paypal website into my page using the 'paste html' command...

davidj
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
you need to have some understanding of HTML code before you start this

do you know HTML

dickie
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
A little!
I can amend the html code when its on the paypal site to show different pricing, sizes etc....

Hopefully enough to sort this out...