PDA

View Full Version : Help, vector files pixilated

stag
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi,

I have a problem trying to upload a vector logo created in illustrator and saved as gif file to preserve transparency. But it turns out pixiliated not just on the web but also in illustrator. Any ideas how to solve this please?

Cheers
Stag

d a v e
05-01-2007, 08:03 AM
can you post a link to the gif and say what settings you are using? also does the background colour of your ai file match the destination background colour of the webpage

stag
05-01-2007, 10:33 PM
When i try and match the bkgrd colour with the gif file with the exact identical colour matches it just does not come out correct. With transparency it should work fine, and has before but the file becomes pixilated -

http://www.jentespranget.no

The gif file is the logo in the middle. Settings wise, do you mean the setting made in illustrator?

Cheers

d a v e
05-02-2007, 03:18 AM
looks like the edges aren't antialiased - is it set against a an almost identical colour in ai? are the stroke/fills set to antialias in ai? (does it look smooth in ai?)

chriskq
05-02-2007, 03:43 AM
the blue crest image/logo is sitting on white background. Why not cut it out as a jpeg with the white background and that will fix ur problem with pixaly edges.

Also did u kno your background images is 100kb. This is too big for a site in my opinion and i would look at reducing it in size.

d a v e
05-02-2007, 02:45 PM
it's not white actually it's #fffaf2 almost but not quite ;)

i don't use illi any more but if you can post an ai7 file i can do it for you in fireworks?! and you could save the whole thing as a gif rather than the jpeg suggested as it has a limited colour palette anyway