PDA

View Full Version : Perl Colouring Problem.

pickledegg
04-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Firstly, hi all, its my first post, and I must confess its a post I've put up on the official site, but I'm trying everything to get an answer on this.

I am using the perl support extension by Chris Bank, to enable code colouring for my .pl & .cgi files.

However I'm having problems with the start and end of strings. It uses the single & double quotes as delimiters for the start and end of strings, and anything in between is coloured red.

Problem is, everytime I have a regexp which contains a single/double quote, eg like this: $kk13 =~ s/\'//g ; it assumes you're opening a string and all subsequent code is coloured red.

Does anyone know a way around this? It may be an odd question but its quite major for me as I edit a lot of old perl code.

Many thanks.

davidj
04-26-2007, 01:43 PM
does the script work?

if your using a coloring extension then it maybe this thats at fault and the syntax may be correct.

If the code works and you are concerned that the colouring is incorrect then thats something you will need to take up with the developer. If this is a commercial extension then they should have a support system inplace

pickledegg
04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi David,

yes its a code colouring problem with that particular extension. The codes absolutely fine. I just thought I'd ask here as the only contact details I have for the author of the extension is the name 'chris banks';-)

As it happens it colours ok in homesite/komodo, but I just can't bring myself to move away from dreamweaver as I love it.

Oh, well I'll just have to compromise. Thanks:-)

PS Mind if I stick around? I may actually have some useful advice for some people so I'll try and contribute as much as I can.

domedia
02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
PS Mind if I stick around? I may actually have some useful advice for some people so I'll try and contribute as much as I can.

You'd be more than welcome! 8)

edbr
03-01-2011, 01:10 AM
welcome to the forum.
There have been a couple of requests for a mail script where the poster does not use php so maybe you could help there