PDA

View Full Version : From Photoshop To Dreamweaver

RICK430
04-26-2007, 12:58 AM
HI ALL

Once exporting a template page from photoshop or imageready to dreamweaver how would you then in dreamweaver convert everything into html or CSS, since everything that is imported is an image Jpeg or Gif file. I have already set everything as a div so the div tags are set per slice, but once in dreamweaver I am kind of stuck as to completing my form table and adding links to contents. So I would like to tranform everything into html. Please help

chriskq
04-26-2007, 02:42 AM
you have to slice parts from the psd and use them in corresponding divs in ur html/css

can we see ur design?

RICK430
04-26-2007, 03:39 AM
HI CHRIS

I working on a template from template monster.com. www.test.onyxrealtygroup.com. The template comes also in psd format, where I can go and slice it all and transfer to dreamweaver, but I am kind of stuck in how to turn the gif or jpeg files which dreamweaver imports the slices and turns to divs into css format.

sruti
04-26-2007, 05:33 AM
Hi
Well, once you slice the image in photoshop, save those images in a particular folder by name "images" then start your dreamweaver and create table with related tr and td and insert the images into tr and td.
When ever possible you will have to create div for some special purpose but not all the time. you will have to manually insert the images and create a layout by making tables or by using frames and also with css.
Isuggest you try to do it first with a simple layout with just
top banner
left navigation(links)
center page.
Once you get the basic knowledge you will be able to do it with the complicated onces also.
Wish you good luck
Sruti