PDA

View Full Version : Blue outline around image links

Ricky55
04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi

Just started to use Dreamweaver CS3 but I think this did happen in DW 8 until I switched it off.

Basically when ever I create a link on an image dreamweaver creates a blue outline around the image. This disrupts my table based layout by throwing everything out.

I'm sure I had this problem when I first installed Dreamweaver 8 but I think I turned it off but I just cant remember how to do this.

Does anyone here know how to do this? This is really annoying. I looked at the code but it doesn't add anything to it so appears to be just a visual thing but it effect the layout.

Thanks

Ricky55

davidj
04-25-2007, 05:07 PM
in the image tag add

border = "0"

domedia
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Or if you want to remove borders on all images, use the CSS tab (forgot the details) and choose IMG and zero border.

Ricky55
04-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks lads.

I did actually work out the border 0 but is there a way of just stopping this action altogether so I dont need to set border 0 everytime?

I know you mentioned CSS but isn't there a global setting that stops this? I never had to set border 0 or change any CSS in dreamweaver 8 to stop this.

Thanks for replying btw

Ricky55

domedia
04-25-2007, 07:27 PM
My suggestion is a global setting if you apply it to an external stylesheet or in your template.

Redback
05-23-2007, 01:25 PM
On my DW CS3, the default setting in the Properties inspector for the image border is blanked out (zero). I am only new to CS3, and maybe I have set it up that way somewhere, somehow! I'd be interested to know if that's the case.

domedia
05-23-2007, 06:58 PM
One simple line to the stylesheet will disable borders on *all* images on your website:

img {border: 0;}