PDA

View Full Version : Master Detail Mismatch

imbogo
04-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Am constructing a news website using Dreamweaver and PHP. My problem is the selected news headline links to another story in my stories table.After reconstructing with same procedure for master/details it works.sometimes it doesn't. Is it a MYSTERY? Please help.

davidj
04-19-2007, 10:35 AM
bin that method

you are using drag and drop method for building a dynamic site

im guessing that your not clued up on the coding aspect and rely on wizards to build it for you which is why you have run into trouble.

can i ask would you like to learn how to do this properly or if you just want me to help you with your current problem

imbogo
04-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for identifying my problem. sure enough i use drag n drop and wizards. they make life easier isn't. i want to learn as well as help too.
do you mind checking on the website.. its http://www.kenyanewsagency.go.ke
Please help. Kind Regards.

davidj
04-20-2007, 10:02 AM
they make life easier isn't

are you sure? You have run into problems here so its not making it that easier!

davidj
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Your site needs some serious work

you have images @ 200k + but are sizing them through html into thumbs. This is a huge mistake.

You need a good book to cover the basics of HTML and building websites before you start to even look into dynamic coding. You arnt running before you can walk, you are sprinting!!

I cant troubleshoot your problem because if i was to tell you a variable or IF statement was incorrect you wouldnt know what i was on about.

Start from the begining and get your HTML and image control sorted out first

This is all i can sugest at this stage.