PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

Dave Drew
04-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Just a quick HI!!! Just in the process of transfering over to Dreameaver from Frontpage, so I guess Ill be asking many questions here. I transfered all my files into Dreamweaver, so its up and running but there are a few errors in there and Im sure you guys may have a few suggestions, Im a mobile DJ in my spare (Ha thats a joke), time, so my website is all about that. Check it out if you have the time and fire me some feedback http://www.tripledentertainment.co.uk. Thanks Dave D

Andromeda
04-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum. I hang out in New Zealand most of the time, whereabouts in the galaxy are you from? :mrgreen:

Just looked at your web site.

Don't like the stars at all! They are really distracting and I can feel a migraine coming on (no not really ;-)) - but seriously I do feel that the stars are a distraction for the viewer.

Also, it might be a good idea to have all of your menu buttons on all page. If for example I go to the Quiz Night Page (I love quiz nights!!:grin:) I then have to press the back button to get back to the home page in order to go to any of the other pages.

On the photos page, you might want to just think about the file sizes of the big photos (not the thumb nails), viewers on dial up might get fed up waiting for them to download.

Not sure on the blue colour for the text - doesn't seem to gentle on the eys.

:oops: Oops! Just read the above - it seems ever so critical - but it wasn't meant like that - it was meant to be helpful - honest!!

Andromeda
04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Despite what those reading my previous post might think - I really can spell properly :lol:!!! - it's just annoying I can't change the mistakes!

davidj
04-19-2007, 08:48 AM
hi Dave

welcome to the forums...

you have a long way to go regarding the design aspect of your work. Your a dj so you want something cool

here is an example of what impact you are looking to acheive...

http://www.mandchou.com/

take no notice of the content as that can be anything but its first impressions that hit home. If you had an amazing web site and accepted bookings from it then i reckon you could vastly improve the business and in doing so, the bottom line.. (money) which is what its all about

you heard that saying...

location location location

well i reckon in business its...

marketing marketing marketing (and First Impressions)