PDA

View Full Version : PHP tutorials (part7), URL NOT FOUND ERROR, possible. WAMP5 config.

tux
04-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi, I am following Davidj's tutorials. All fine up to the end of part 7 when I tried to run the page. I get the error, "NOT FOUND, The requested URL /Test/PT.php was not found on this server."

I think it may be to do with WAMP5 but not sure how to find or sort the problem.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Paul

davidj
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
you have your web root in a different location

it cant find the file your requesting...

PT.php

tux
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Hello again David, thanks for your reply.

How can I check in WAMP5 and change the settings. I accepted the defaults when I installed it. The only change to your tutorial is that I created the Local Root and the Web Root folders in the WAMP5 folder and made a quick shortcut to WAMP5 folder on my Desktop. I'm not sure which settigs I have a problem with nor how to correct it. Can the settings be altered from within WAMP5 or would I have to reinstall.

Thanks mate.

Paul

PS: That other website for my camera club is nearly done ( the ASP one ) so all systems go now with PHP.

tux
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi again,

I have gone back over tutorial part 2 (WAMP5) and the www directory points to the wamp folder and not the web root folder. Do you think this may be my problem, if so how do I change it.

Paul

davidj
04-15-2007, 10:59 AM
just set up an alias

click the wamp5 icon and alias directory option

click create an alias and then follow the instructions

tux
04-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi David,

Thanks for that.

I have managed to sort it. I opened up the http.conf file and the document root was set as "C:/wamp/www". So I changed it to "C:/wamp/Web Root" and it now works ok. Would it be better to set up an alias though?

Paul

davidj
04-15-2007, 11:07 AM
you did it the way i would have done but some of our members need to be given the easiest way possible

pleased your not frightened to get stuck in

you will pick this up no problem at all.

///

an alias is there if you wanted more than one dir as a web root

tux
04-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks David,

My next project is similar to the last but for a single photographer but he will be needing e commerce. He is my brother so it will be ok to use the project as part of my learning curve with PHP. As I learn I will implement my new knowledge to the site.

I will plough on through the tutorials and no doubt pick your brains again soon.

Thanks again David, regards

Paul

tux
04-15-2007, 12:04 PM
One more thing David,

I was flicking through the files in WAMP5 and loaded up the phpMyAdmin. At the bottom was a big red box saying...

"Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole."

What do you suggest?

Paul

davidj
04-15-2007, 02:26 PM
when you first install MYSQL you access this using the default root user name with no password

it is advisable to setup a new account and use that account regular day to day. It is also advisable to give the root account a password howerver if your just using wamp in a local environment for development and learning then this should be ok to leave it as it is

try the EMS mysql manager

i like it better

tux
04-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes, I'm using EMS as per your tutorial. Just when I saw the warning I thought I had better ask.

So as I am using EMS is it okay to leave it then.

Paul

davidj
04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
yes

remember that you still need to set up a regular user account

never access using the root account

tux
04-15-2007, 02:42 PM
When you say regular user account, are you refering to the user we set up in the earlier tutorials. I think yours was dj, mine is PT.

davidj
04-15-2007, 02:43 PM
correct

yes thats it

davidj
04-15-2007, 02:44 PM
that warning that you posted

phpmyadmin just checks to see if the root account has a password assigned

if not it throws a warning