PDA

View Full Version : Validate AND Repair_MX > v2004 (???)

mark4man
04-14-2007, 05:22 PM
People...

I had a Microsoft MVP tell me (concerning how different my website looks in Mozilla & FireFox...as compared to IE):

I'm not sure it'll ever look correct, without dropping the old version of Dreamweaver you're using. It simply creates badly mangled, marginal HTML which will not validate. Hard to read HTML, even simple layouts like this can cause problems for the browser trying to render the layout, since it has no idea what you actually intend it to look like.Thing is...even tho my site was created in DW MX...I actually have v2004 & hardly ever use it.

So my question is...if I open up each of my site's pages in 2004...& validate them...the errors show up under Results. Is there a way to then repair/correct each of the errors in v2004 (to 2004 standards)?

Thanks,

mark4man

davidj
04-14-2007, 05:43 PM
hi mate

i need to see what he was looking at

do you have a link..

/////

I'm not sure it'll ever look correct, without dropping the old version of Dreamweaver you're using

what a load of shite... unless he knows nothing about dreamweaver and asumes that DW has coded incorrectly

mark4man
04-14-2007, 07:18 PM
davidj...

Thanks.

http://www.moonjams.com/musical_compositions.htm

mark4man

davidj
04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
i can see an overflow in FF

i have captured an image from both browsers

see the second image and note the text block

I'm not sure it'll ever look correct, without dropping the old version of Dreamweaver you're using

MX is not really that old and has nothing to do with that display error. Its a browser nuisance not a dreamweaver issue.

chriskq
04-15-2007, 10:21 AM
looks like a line height should fix the FF prob if that text is in a <p> tag.
ur background image is fixed for 1280 i presume. check out my screen shot