PDA

View Full Version : A newbie but willing to make an effor to learn!

kyl0wnzz
04-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Hello dear DC

I am a new fan of web designing and I found out that Dreamweaver is the most popular program for web desiging.

I don't know anything about web design (html, java script, etc), nor how to use Dreamweaver. But I really like to make an effor in learning how to manage Dreamweaver.

If you guys have any webiste where there are useful tutorials, and steps about how to learn to use the program, please share with me, I appreciate alot.

At the moment, I am trying to learn how to make a basic template for my website, I dont' know what should I do first to create a sketch of my website. Please help.

Thank you very much

domedia
04-07-2007, 03:48 PM
#1 read the help files (manual) that comes with DW.
When you have the basics of DW down, you're fitted to learn all kinds of great stuff :)

fwr1000
04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Something I've found very useful is David McFarland's Book, Dreamweaver 8, the Missing Manual. Has step by step instructions and some good tutorials. However, having said that, a basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a very important thing before even getting into Dreamweaver. Although DW does many wonderful things to make life easier, without an understanding of HTML and CSS you are in for some frustrating experiences. Believe me, I know since I didn't take this approach and couldn't really understand what DW was doing when it was writting the code behind the scenes as you use the WYSIWYG (design view) in DW. Without the HTML and CSS knowledge, it's hard to figure out when something doesn't look like you think it should.

Eric Meyer is one of the guru's of CSS and understand his books are excellent for learning this aspect of web development. Not sure what's best for HTML but I'm sure some of the DW Club members can supply some suggestions.

Fred