PDA

View Full Version : Can't post movie from swf, only flv

twincitiesshooter
04-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Any help would be appreciated! :grin:

I created a Quicktime movie in Final Cut and used a program (AVS Video Converter) to convert the file into swf. I can post the swf file on a webpage thru Dreamweaver by clicking Insert - Media - Flash. The problem is, only the movie is inserted, not any play/pause/volume controls. If I click Insert - Media - Flash Video (to create a "skin"), Dreamweaver won't recognize my swf files and only wants an flv file.

Unfortunately, AVS Video Converter does not convert mov files to flv, only swf.

Is there any way I can take that swf file and join it with play/pause controls and put it on my webpage (without buying yet another program)?

davidj
04-04-2007, 08:07 PM
cant you import your movie file directly?

there is a tut for importing movies

let me get the location....

brb

davidj
04-04-2007, 08:08 PM
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/flash-control-movie.php

twincitiesshooter
04-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately I don't have the Pro program, all I have is Dreamweaver and a swf file without a skin. I need to find a way to add a skin to an swf file, probably within Dreamweaver (which seems to only want to add skins to flv files). Thanks for the reply.

domedia
04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
You need Flash pro to make flv files (flash video). Then you make a swf file with movie controllers etc and have it play your flv file. I have a person that works in Final Cut Pro and she just makes me avi files that I convert to flv files through the flash video encoder that comes with flash 8 pro.

twincitiesshooter
04-06-2007, 02:24 AM
I was hoping to avoid buying another program, but it looks like that's not possible. Thanks.