PDA

View Full Version : Simplifying drop down menus

Rich_A06
04-01-2007, 02:39 AM
If you go here www.eoaa.org and then go to Events/Results there is a table with drop downs. Only the last menu works, qualifying and race. Can you notice how when you select say race, then race goes to the top. That's fine and it works but I think it can be confusing because the list items have to change their order.

This site http://www.fiagt.com/results.php, their menus select a page, the page goes to the top to show which page is selected, the list remains unchanged which makes them less confusing than mine and the selected page in the list is highlighted in blue. It couldn't be more informative than that. From looking at their site they seem to use javascript.

Well I'd be quite happy with a menu that has an unchanging list and the selected page stays in the menu when it's closed. The option when creating a menu is there 'Select first item after URL change' which is on '0' disabled so shouldn't it not put the first item in the menu when it's closed and instead keep the last selected item there? Well it doesn't work like that here for some reason. It always changes to the first item. If that can be fixed, Bob's my uncle.

Rich_A06
04-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Initially selected lol! Right there infront of my nose.