PDA

View Full Version : HotSpot In Image

africano
03-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi, Ive got an image of a MAP, on it it has variouse campuses from my university, I want to make it so that when you click on my campus(a blue dot) it will change the image and put the map of my campus. Is this possible?

Please help, urgently need it....

fwr1000
03-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Easily done. With your map image showing, look in the lower left of the property inspector and you will see three shapes. Click on the circle shaped one and then draw a circle around your blue dot. This turns it into a link. Then fill in the appropriate link, target and alt boxes. You will have to do this for each "blue dot" and create a page for each map to link to. Not sure if this is what you had in mind but it is a way of turning part of a picture into a link.

stoneygossard
03-31-2007, 09:02 PM
On this note, if the user hovers over the blue dot, is it possible to show the link in a popup using javascript?

Stoney

davidj
03-31-2007, 09:10 PM
drop the link in a layer and do a (show hide) layer on the hotspot

d a v e
03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
or simply use the title attribute

africano
04-01-2007, 01:10 AM
I have the Image in a table:

First...cant position the image inside the table properly, simply want it to fit in it.....

Now I want it so that when you click on the hotspot on the map that image inside the table changes to antoher image of another map.....is this possible?

domedia
04-01-2007, 09:24 AM
onclick="this.src='file.jpg';" <- I think you can do this as an attribute, unless I got the javascript syntax wrong.

africano
04-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Cant get it working....How can I make the Image fit my TABLE and then do as I want it to do......change to another image when the hotspot is clicked..PLEASE HELP.

Andromeda
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
How wide is your image? Can you not make the table the same width? Then the image would fit.

africano
04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I have a table with two two columns....I want to put the image inside one colum.....this is the code

<td width="408" valign="top" background="images/MAP.jpg"><blockquote>
<p align="right"><span class="style42"><span class="style63"><br />
</span></span></p>
</blockquote></td>

Its got a background image but I want to put a proper image, only thing is it resizes and stretches the table(column) and oesnt fit properly...
My images width is 408, just like the column...

domedia
04-02-2007, 01:59 AM
You've just experienced one of the many disadvantages to limit your design into a table grid system.. :-(

Your TD is empty, but still has both blockquote, paragraph and span tags..? There's no content in the TD, no image or anything.

africano
04-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Ok removed the unnecessary tags....Im using a template and are just using the skeleton and changing everything else...Now is there a solution to my problem or Im I facing the disadvantages to the table grid layout?

davidj
04-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Your TD is empty, but still has both blockquote, paragraph and span tags..? There's no content in the TD, no image or anything.

this is the result of using a wysiwyg to build a site without checking the code afterwards

domedia
04-02-2007, 02:25 PM
If you put an image in the td, you can apply any javascript function to it to replace the image. Look at the ImageSwap behavior which is part of DW.

africano
04-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Dont understand...can you please explain...Im a begginer at this....

fwr1000
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
You probably want to use DW help to learn about the swap image behavior. Do a search in DW help for Swap Images and there are a number of instructions. Basicaly what happens is that as you mouse over an image the swap image behavior replaces the first image with a second one.

fwr1000
04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Note that I said when you mouse over but the trigger can be "on click", "on double click" , etc. It's not limited to mouse over.

domedia
04-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Dont understand...can you please explain...Im a begginer at this.... If you start going through the manual, there's a ton of cool things you can do with DW, that you haven't even dreamt of yet :)

fwr1000
04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
In addition to DW Help, I found a great book that acts a a tutorial and a reference. It Dreamweaver 8, The Missing Manual by David McFarland. Covers a lot on forms, behaviors, layout, CSS, just about everything. May be a bit basic to the real experienced DW user but for learning (of course, along with the DW Club tuts) its a great aid, especially if you have some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS