PDA

View Full Version : Email response form - attaching a style sheet

tommisauce
03-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey folks,
I have recently completed a tutorial building an email response form using php. The form works the usual way by sending an email which contains name, email & comments to your inbox via a submit button on the web page. However what I am having difficulty with is the tutorial file was an independant one, I now want to implement it into a pre-designed site. I am using an editable template and for some reason the form isn't 'picking up' the style sheet properties. I have done the usual empty cache/clear history but thats not working either. When in DW8 the page has a certain look but when I check the browser the page looks completely different with absolutely no style sheet properties.

I have tried various ways to find a solution, however the Form still doesn't pick up the style properties. The template is built using CSS and the editable region is called EDIT and the class where the editable region is - is called .Left & I have even tried to create a style called .LeftForm but this doesn't work either.

Is there anything I've missed or am I doing something completely wrong? Any ideas - comments would be welcome.

domedia
03-30-2007, 01:47 PM
You can't rely on CSS when it comes to email clients. Build your html email using tables and font tags.. yes you heard right. I don't like it, but it's the way it is. Email clients have such limited support for CSS.

stoneygossard
03-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Build your html email using tables and font tags..

Oh my Dom,

I can't believe it! lol

Stoney

davidj
03-31-2007, 09:45 PM
i know stoney

its like we have been transported to another dimension!

domedia
04-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeah, you're actually right ;-)
HTML Emails is parallel universe where we're still stuck in pre-2000 code :-(