PDA

View Full Version : Menu drop down 'lists'

Mik
03-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi, not sure if this is an easy thing to do or convoluted, but I'm wondering how to create those drop menus from a meun bar, such as this page (http://www.hcf.com.au/contact_us.asp?member_id=Guest)

As in when the mouse hovers over 'PRODUCTS' for eg, you get that little menu that drops down.

Any help would be great

cheers,
Mik.

Andromeda
03-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Hi Mik

You can find a tutorial for drop down menus at:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-dhtml-menu.php

Riggs
03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
HI there

I have my drop down list doing what I want it to do. The problem I am having is the word in the menu is a default colour and is underlined, I know it is in the code somewhere and I have tried a few things, but they havenít worked. Has anyone got an idea of what I need to look for in order to change these settings?

Riggs

Andromeda
03-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Hi Riggs

Here is a sample of what the css should look like:

a:link { font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color:#ff0000;text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;}
a:visited {font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none;}
a:hover { font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #ff0000; text-decoration:underline;}
a:active {font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none;}

Just change the above to the attributes you want. If you don't want underlining then text-decoration should be none.

Andromeda
03-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Just had a thought - I don't think you need the font-family or the font-size in the code I've posted providing they are already in your body style and they remain the same.

I would have just edited my previous post but am unable to do so for some reason.

Riggs
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go and let you know how I get on.

domedia
03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I you set the font size and face to the body tag in CSS, it will be inherited. In HTML strict anyways.

Riggs
03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I have managed to change the font and the colour. The menu item is still underlined; I have had a look at the code and canít see anything that reassembles the code posted above. I have looked at the CSS properties, attributes and behaviours and canít see how it is underlined. Is this an attribute that just has to tolerated?

domedia
03-30-2007, 02:51 PM
All links are underlined by default. This is specified in the HTML standards. If you want to remove the underline you have to specify this through setting styles for the anchor tag like Andromeda did above.

If you can't code, look in the page properties panel:

Riggs
03-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks for that. :-D

Amerio
03-31-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey Mik
Also you can use a software called "Sothink DHTML Menu"
I use it and you can make it as extention for dreamweaver
Its very easy and can make gr8 Menus
Here's a Menu I designed using DHTML Menu

http://www.amer.eons.cc/project/web_project.html