PDA

View Full Version : Background dissapearing in Template made Safari page

tatianaharper
03-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Hello,

I am a Newbie, I am using DW MX. I have made a template from a regular HTML page. Everything seems to work great until I make a page from this template. Then in Safari the template comes up without the background attached. It works just fine in Firefox and IE. What little piece of code am I missing that lets the background show up in Safari?

I am using a CSS to try to do this. Here is the code

<style type="text/css">
<!--
@import url(../muses.css);
body {
background-image: url(../musesbackground.gif);
}
.style1 {color: #FFFFFF}
.style2 {font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}
.style3 {color: #006600}
.style4 {color: #003300}
a:link {
color: #0066CC;
}
a:visited {
color: #003300;
}
-->
</style>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">

I even tried adding it into the body tag-

<body background="../musesbackground.gif" onLoad="MM_preloadImages('../myspacelinkdown.gif','../myspacelinkover.gif','../myspacelinkod.gif','../cdlinkdown.gif','../CDlinkover.gif','../cdlinkod.gif','../mailinglistdown.gif','../mailinglistlinkover.gif','../mailinglistod.gif','../schedulelinkdown.gif','../schedulelinkover.gif','../schedulelinkod.gif','../museletterlinkdown.gif','../museletterlinkover.gif','../museletterlinkod.gif','../programslinkdown.gif','../programslinkover.gif','../programslinkod.gif','../presslinkdown.gif','../Presslinkover.gif','../presslinkod.gif','../newslinkdown.gif','../newslinkover.gif','../newslinkod.gif','../hghclinkdown.gif','../hghclinkover.gif','../hghclinkod.gif','../bandlinkdown.gif','../bandlinkover.gif','../bandlinkod.gif','../lyricslinkdown.gif','../lyricslinkover.gif','../lyricslinkod.gif','../linkslinkdown.gif','../linkslinkover.gif','../linkslinkod.gif','../contactlinkdown.gif','../contactlinkover.gif','../contactlinkod.gif','../tshirtlinkdown.gif','../tshirtlinkover.gif','../tshirtlinkod.gif','../epkdown.gif','../epkover.gif','../epkdownover.gif','../blogdown.gif','../blogover.gif','../blogod.gif','../Homedown.gif','../Homeover.gif','../Homeod.gif')">

If I take out the "../" in either case, the background dissapears in the template as well.

Help would be very appreciated. I am a professional musician, not a web designer!

Thanks,
Tatianaharper

domedia
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Move all the CSS to a separate CSS document and the paths to your background images should be solved.

tatianaharper
03-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Hi,

Okay, here are a couple of stupid questions for you. I have a .css file called "muses" which I believe imported itself into the template (or something like that. Ask me about music, I know SOOO much more!) so I think I have a separate file already. How do I know that? How do I take out the current information and then how should I replace it? I am given 2 options, "import" and "link".

Thanks,
Tatianaharper
Confused musician

tatianaharper
03-28-2007, 04:52 AM
I think I got it figured out (sort of, it works anyway!) Thanks!!!