PDA

View Full Version : Need to recover clean files from the server due to hd corruption

dlgallion
03-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi,
I have a new computer. My old one died of problems that caused it to overwrite files. Although I have all my data on the new computer, many of my html files have been overwritten with gobbledegook from other files. HTML files currently on the server are fine. Is there any way I can bring those files back down to Dreamweaver and maintain links, etc. So far when I've tried, I see link problems and display problems. Site: www.imfc.us. Any ideas?
Thank you!

domedia
03-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Is there any way I can bring those files back down to Dreamweaver and maintain links, etc. Did you try using your FTP client you used to upload your files with?

dlgallion
03-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Thank you! Yes...I tried DW and also Fetch. Today, however, some of the pages are coming down correctly in DW. Yesterday they did not seem to be overwriting the existing files. Of course, if I downloaded them somewhere else, the links were messed up. Now I am down to a reasonable number of pages to redo, at least. Thanks very much for your response.

domedia
03-27-2007, 02:21 PM
You should be able to just download to overwrite current files on your system