PDA

View Full Version : floating divs

Andromeda
03-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm knee deep in css at 6.30 on a Sunday morning! How sad is that!

Hope this isn't a dumb question.

Can you float a div to the BOTTOM right hand side of a parent div and if so what's the code?

Hope I've worded the question correctly. I've just done a tutorial (one which domedia recommended in a previous post) which has been helpful and increased my knowledge of css somewhat - I think the penny has started to drop.

domedia
03-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I've never attempted this, but maybe you could do an absolute position with bottom: 0;

I'll look online for some other ideas

Andromeda
03-26-2007, 06:01 AM
I've never attempted this, but maybe you could do an absolute position with bottom: 0;

I tried this but it went to the bottom of the page rather than the bottom of the parent div.

domedia
03-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Your parent div must not have position set to relative then. I'm just guessing, you didn't post any code :-( crystal bowl etc

edbr
03-26-2007, 06:43 AM
try using relative in a layer with bottom = 0; and it should position at the bottom of that layer

Andromeda
03-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Thank you Domedia and edbr - that worked although I don't really understand the relative thing but I'll post my questions regarding that on another thread that's going on at the moment.

Domedia - I consider myself rapped on the knuckles concerning the crystal ball/bowl remark!!:-D

domedia
03-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Domedia - I consider myself rapped on the knuckles concerning the crystal ball/bowl remark!!:-D heh yeah, it was almost intended that way. It's just sooo much easier to give help when I can see actual code and context. Then I could actually give you the exact code to fix it. :)