PDA

View Full Version : Text alignment in tables

Rich_A06
03-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I would have edited my other 'Images in tables topic', but I'm not allowed to do that! Seems there is a time limit hehe ..

What I'd like to know now is, is there a way that text can auto align itself within a table. I've set my table widths to percentages and it works great, they resize depending on the size of the window. The only problem is the text won't budge, if it could some how squish itself and expand itself that would be very useful.

domedia
03-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Text will adjust by default. You inserted a set width on something around your text.

If you can't edit your post, just post another post ;)

Rich_A06
03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
OK it works when I use Paragraph format. Before I was using Preformatted. I must learn how the paragraph format works now.

Rich_A06
03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I have two questions now which are still sort of to do with this.

The first is, if you go here www.eoaa.org that News page has now got all it's tables converted to percentages and the format is now paragraph. The text does resize itself when you resize the window i.e. make the window thinner. The problem is that it doesn't look like very intelligent rearrangement. Why does it do this sort of thing ..

Enis Dauti from Croatia has
successfully qualified and has
now
been added to the drivers

Why doesn't it reshuffle the words?

My second question is to do with adding a small margin to the bottom of the page. I have set height to auto and it keeps everything nicely inside that big white layer. But if you scroll down to the bottom it would be nice if there was 20px or so of the grey background. How can I do this? I tried adding 20px to the page properties for 'Bottom margin' but it didn't seem to do anything.

domedia
03-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Because you in your wisdom decided to put linebreaks in there ;)

Remove the <br>'s in source and you should be fine. Just hit Source view and you'll see them.

Rich_A06
03-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Yes that works, many thanks Mr domedia :)

They were made when I pressed enter when using the Preformatted format. Using the Paragraph format causes the pargraph to arrange itself depending upon how much width it's allowed - I get it now.

So how can I add a small grey area on to the end of that white layer. There's margins for left and top but not for bottom. The top will have about 21px of grey and so it would look great if the bottom had 21px of grey too. I tried putting another layer below where the white layer ends but it still ends right where the white layer ends - do you know what I mean? Scroll right down to the bottom and you'll know what I mean.