PDA

View Full Version : Displaying text over an image

LarryV
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Building a web site from scratch, have an image at top of web page. Need to display an overlay of text over the image. Could use Photoshop to integrate the image, but would like to periodically change the text without having to bebuild the image. Am using Dreamweaver MX.
Thanks, Larry

domedia
03-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Use the image as a background, and you can put whatever you want on top of it.

LarryV
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks Domedia. Tried that but the image tiled down the entire website. How do I keep the background image from tiling?
Larry

stoneygossard
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks Domedia. Tried that but the image tiled down the entire website. How do I keep the background image from tiling?
Larry

Use Photoshop to create the image with the text over the image and save in .png or .psd format. Then save them for the web as .gif or .jpg. When u want to change the text periodically, you can edit the original .png or .psd file.

If you are using CSS ( and I suspect Domedia is about to wrap yer knuckles with it shortly!), set the image to "no-repeat" and it won't tile downwards.

Stoney

domedia
03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
If you are using CSS ( and I suspect Domedia is about to wrap yer knuckles with it shortly!), set the image to "no-repeat" and it won't tile downwards. heh yeah :) You simply can't do it with HTML, there's no such functionality, but as you know, CSS is the right technology for this anyways.

stoneygossard
03-22-2007, 08:54 PM
heh yeah :) but as you know, CSS is the right technology for this anyways.

Told u So!

Stoney

domedia
03-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Couldn't help myself, I can't stop it :mrgreen: