PDA

View Full Version : Please help me I can't make a autostretched website

Raju
03-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi All,

:(
Can't anyone help. Please help me I can't make a autostretched website
Please help me I can't make a autostretched website (both thru simple table and cell way and also thru CSS style). Please do send tutorials in detail (from scratch) for both the ways.

Do not give only a template alsodo give a tutorial so that I can learn. I require it fast.

To be more precises my site will be a company site, but it going to look just like this site i.e., dreamweaverclub.com

I require it fast.

Regards
Raju

domedia
03-21-2007, 04:57 PM
The principle is pretty easy, use percentages instead of a pixel width.

For for example, if you use <table width="760"> right now, change it to <table width="100%">

Raju
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks this is really simple.
Ok now can u tell me how to add coloumns to it

Thanks

domedia
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Adding columns to a table? :) You need to open the manual/help file Raju this is really elementary in Dreamweaver, once you dive in the files, you'll see help on *any* aspect of DW, and you will take a leap in development.

I think you can just right-click anywhere in a table to add columns, but I do limited stuff with tables so it's a guess. Anyone?

Andromeda
03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi Raju.

I don't know what version of dreamweaver you are using but I'm using version 8 so if you are using a different version then it may be slightly different.

If you select a table there is the option mear the bottom of the screen to say how many rows and columns you want as shown in the diagram below (in the red box)

Raju
03-23-2007, 07:55 AM
I mean is if I want to make 2 columns webpage - Main + Left hand nav, or 3 columns webpage - Main + Left hand nav + Right Sidebar. How can I do that

davidj
03-23-2007, 08:35 AM
this is very basic stuff

i think you need to get a good basics book.

also please dont just look for ways you can do this in DreamWeaver. Look how you can hand code this