PDA

View Full Version : MySQL neccessary?

Tanzawa
03-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Here's the story:

My boss wants me to create a photo gallery that is only accessible by a login page. We will be sending an email to a group of people with the link to the login page and the user name/password in order to access the gallery (everyone will use the same user name/password).

The login page and gallery have been created, but I can't seem to find an EASY way to create a database store user the name/password information.

I searched the DC forums and internet for a simple solution with no luck -- everything points me to MySQL. So I downloaded MySQL 5 and kept getting error message after error message. I mean, it's like a bad flashback to the early-80's/MS-DOS days... and back then I had my mom launch my game programs! The reference manual is no help either.

Anyway, I like how MS Access is more of a visual database application, but from what I've read, Access isn't compatible with my PHP files?

Do I *have* to create a database for this? Or, can I create a table in Dreamweaver that my form can reference?

I want to tell my boss that a universal user name/password defeats the purpose - that we could just send them the URL - but I don't think it would fly.

Any help would be so GREATLY appreciated. I've been researching for two days now and I think she's beginning to wonder what's taking so long. :x

davidj
03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm

give those a shot

they will guide you and all will become clear

Tanzawa
03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks so much, davidj!!

I'm going to try and watch the videos this afternoon. Let the enlightening process BEGIN! :D