PDA

View Full Version : Template is driving me crazy!

Jbravo8212
03-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Hello,

I am currently using a template to create a site. I am experiancing problems with the navigation bar section designed by the template. I want to add more 'section link's' or simply more places for links to other pages on my site to the navigation area. The template gives you 6 areas and are titled Section Links that you can edit and insert your hyperlinks into the text you choose.

I have tried duplicating one of the areas and it says I cant because it says that it is not in a repeating region. I can not figure it out.

I am familar with constructing websites using Xsitepro. This application is alot more complicated to say the least. I know im going to love it when I figure it out but for now I am getting to enjoy the learning curve.

Thanks

John

domedia
03-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Are you editing the template dwt file?

Jbravo8212
03-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Im sorry but I dont even know what that is. Where can I find that? I am very new to the tags and codes because the software that I have used in the past did everything for me. I know you can do soo much more with Dreamweaver so Im in process of learning in addtion to these questions.

Do you know of some good training resourses? I have tried searching on Google but have had absolutely no luck.

Thanks!

John

domedia
03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
The template that you make (or use) has a .dwt extension. This is the file you have to edit to make sitewide changes, which automatically get's applied to all your pages. The help files gives extensive help on this, and they also have some of this (if not all) online:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/8/using/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=03_sites.htm