PDA

View Full Version : Form help, submit and upload to email

peacock
03-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi guys would really appreciate your help again!! I have basically done my whole 1st site now with the exception of the payment form! As before it is all done in the design view of Dreamweaver 8 (it is my 1st time!)

My basic problem is I am having a PayPal link for people to pay, then once people have paid I will get a screen to popup which will allow them to submit their details e.g. name, email etc. I also have an upload button allowing them to send me a file (this is a requirement for my website).

My problem is I can't understand how to make my form work. I have read numerous forums, help files etc and everyone seems to say different and conflicting things! All I want is the details and the file sent to my email address. I have been trying now for quite a long time and getting more and more frustrated any help would be greatly received!

Thanks Rich

davidj
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
you can use a mailto link which opens the user's email client and send it that way.. Not the best method though

Or you can utilise a script to process the mail (ASP, PHP or CGI) depending on your host

You need to find out what your host supports regarding scripting languages and there will be a charge for the service!

If you dont have any scripting experience then i would get some one who knows this stuff to help you

peacock
03-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks very much. I haven't yet bought my domain so I can get one that allows php, I managed to find http://www.amherst.edu/it/software/phpforms/formstutorial.html but I can't seem to get the submit button to work.

I don't think I can use mailto becuase as you say there can be problems and the visitor will have payed me by paypal by this point.

It's so annoying because it's just the last bit I need for my website!