PDA

View Full Version : Forum Design Review

gregfindley.com
03-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

Just after your thoughts/opinions on my design for my forums site, its a vBulletin forum. I used a free template as a base and customised the graphics and css, still a few bits to be completed,

The site is: www.ChessForums.org

Thanks,
Greg

domedia
03-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I think the template choice was a nice one. The blue color scheme is nice. Did you consider using black/white somehow?

gregfindley.com
03-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey Dom, Thanks, I completely modified what was a cream/light brown template, I wanted to avoid the cliche black and white option, and try and make chess look modern :)

Greg

domedia
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
I think you made a wise choice going with vbulletin. It's the 4th platform this forum has been through, and by far the best :) Sometimes you actually get what you pay for ;)

gregfindley.com
03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah I think so too! I have previously used free options like phpbb, etc, but when I did my research vB was the best choice! Particularly as all 5 of the 5 forums I regularly visit use it (including Dreamweaver Club :D)

Greg

domedia
03-16-2007, 02:08 PM
So DWC, DP, SP and...?

I played quite a bit of chess as a kid. I still remember the beauty of Evans Gambit, when the opponent took the bait only to realize it was a planned sacrifice ;)

gregfindley.com
03-16-2007, 04:08 PM
DWC, DP, SP, Shell LiveWIRE forums (a UK startup/business forum) and PublisherForums.com (simialar to DP/SP just a lot smaller scale)

Not familiar with the Evans gambit, would be great if you could register and post a message about it ;) ;) (worth a try!)

Thanks,
Greg

domedia
03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I made a post on it, good luck with the forums!

gregfindley.com
03-16-2007, 05:44 PM
So I noticed :D
Thanks a lot dom, I'll be sure to keep you guys posted with its progress, even if it is asking lots of questions about different templates for vB mods I've downloaded!! ;)

Cheers,
Greg