PDA

View Full Version : Auto E Mail from form Submission

fwr1000
03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Have a potential client who currently has a web site (not mine) for a referral business. Currently he is receiving the form results via e mail (form mail), manually matching the zip code from the form to a list of counselorís zip codes and then manually sending an e-mail to the original inquirer with the counselors name and contact information.

Heís now up to about 125 inquiries per day and wants an automated solution. Sounds perfect for a backend database and a program to match the zip codes and generate an e mail to the client.

This is way beyond me at this point but want to be sure I was on the right track in my overall thinking. Is so, is a DB + Match and Mail program a big thing for a seasoned PHP (or other language) programmer?

If successful I will probably be looking for someone to sub the backend stuff and help with the form set up. Will post to the Offers and Inquiry section if successful.

Client is in Michigan, USA

Thanks

Fred

fwr1000
03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Bump. Need help on this.

domedia
03-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm guessing he needs a backend where he can manage counselors, with their contact info and zipcode.

For every submission the script would search the DB for zip and insert appropriate counselor(s) contact info into email and mail out.

I can't help you with this (I'm not really a scripting person), but I thought I'd outline some simple specs from what you said.

For a more advanced solution you could have users define for which mile radius they would want counselor contact info. That would require a lat-long DB with extra scripting.