PDA

View Full Version : Damn Blue Links!

KingCreole
03-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Okay, I'm the first one to admit that I'm as dense as dirt. But I've searched the web, read tutorials, and I just can't get rid of the blue color of links in my page. What I want is no color change.

I'm using CSS and my structure looks like this:

words_stylesheet.css
.navbar01
.navbar02
a:link
a:visited

a:link and a:visited have decoration set to "none." The underline has gone away, fine. But what do I have to do to get rid of the color change on the links?

gmcrone
03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
set a colour on your links all the same to whatever colour you want such as black.
Why you want to do this I don't know tho...

Mike...

KingCreole
03-13-2007, 11:34 AM
The reason why is to have creative control over what the web page looks like. I'd like to have some sayso over that.

Setting the color of links is one, limited solution. The problem with that, though, is that fonts that were intended to be of different colors will all end up the same.

If it's possible to eliminate the underline, there should be a simple method for eliminating the color change. imho

domedia
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Do what gmcrone suggested and add color to the link CSS rule. This *is* simple, you just have to read a little upon CSS.

a:link {text-decoration: none; color black;}

If you need further help please provide some code so we now what your situation is.

KingCreole
03-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Oh, I thought gmcrone meant in the Page Properties, not CSS. That seems to have solved it for now. Thanks fellas.

I agree that I should read up on CSS. The thing is that it's so aggravatingly persnickety. I'm just far too right-brained for it to be anything but frustrating. My voice is hoarse from all the growling I did this past two days.

I appreciate the help.

domedia
03-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Stay in there King, some of this stuff is just a longer learning curve if you're more of a designer than coder ;)

KingCreole
03-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Yea, you right. But it drives me friggin nuts. It's like having to decipher a chick's DNA when all I want to do is wine and dine and dance ... and get it on like a rock star.