PDA

View Full Version : how can I get rid of horizontal scrollbar in dreamweaver

3dmaya
03-12-2007, 04:23 AM
hi guy's.
I'm building my website. I got a problem. I have an horizontal scroll bar in my index page. I don't need this one. just I want that index page perfect fit the screen. no horizontal scrollbar at all , I trid any size. but still dreamweaver doesn't respond to resize webpage with code or edit size. this problem make me crazy. so do you know how can you avoid horizontal scroll bar in dreamweaver,when disply mywebsite in IE or mozilla without any horizontal scrollbar?

please help, need link or any openion.

that is my table>

<div align="center">
<!-- ImageReady Slices (Final clean web 2.psd) -->
<table id="Table_01" width="1204" height="800" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>

-what is the screen size for dreamweaver without H scrollbar?
-how can you select all sliced image or table together for center align?

thanks for everyon's replay

Antonio Australia

edbr
03-12-2007, 04:25 AM
make height="auto"

domedia
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
If you set something to 1024 wide, it's always going to give you a horizontal scrollbar. Even though 1024 is your screen resolution, you don't have thsta space available in the Viewport of your browsers. The browser chrome and the vetical scrollbar take up a few pixels.

For centering content, go to the homepage and look for CSS tutorials, there's one there.

3dmaya
03-12-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks for replay,
it is all done, I resize the weblayout page in photoshop, w=1000 H-700
it is all fixed now. no scroll bar at all.

but still more question. later I'll ask.

d a v e
03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
people browsing at less than 1000 px (or thereabouts) WILL get a scrollbar though ;)

domedia
03-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Very true, remember not to design the website for yourself. You are not your users.

3dmaya
03-13-2007, 12:31 AM
so in this case what is the exact resolution for the website that can fit any monitor size 15" or 19"

1- what is the normal size that need to be used in the website?

Antonio -Australia

johnph77
03-13-2007, 07:31 AM
so in this case what is the exact resolution for the website that can fit any monitor size 15" or 19"

1- what is the normal size that need to be used in the website?

Antonio -Australia

It's not the monitor that determines the resolution in which the user is viewing your page. It's the resolution settings the user has set for default in his/her Control Panel. When this option first came out years ago it was not uncommon for the default resolution to be 640 (width) by 480 (height). Then 800x600 became more or less default, and is not uncommon today. Generally, though, the minimum default for non-widescreen monitors today is set as 1024x768, whch would mean a horizontal resolution spec much greater than 1000 will require a horizontal scrollbar.

d a v e
03-13-2007, 09:00 PM
"Generally, though, the minimum default for non-widescreen monitors today is set as 1024x768,"
though remember you may not have your browser maximised (especially at higher res) - it could be around 800x600 sitting on a 2000px wide desktop ;)

i would still aim to fit it in around 760px as a minimum unless your server stats show greatly differently

Meeguk
03-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I've designed my page to be 1024. Does this mean I'm going to have to redesign?

I don't have this horizonal scrollbar on my page. Could someone kindly show me what the scroll bar looks like?

aeonwings
03-17-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm no expert or anything but I've heard that we should design our webpages at 800x600 resolution. You see, you might not get the horizontal scroll bar but people with lower resolution screens will. We should keep this in mind when designing webpages.

domedia
03-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I've designed my page to be 1024. Does this mean I'm going to have to redesign?

I don't have this horizonal scrollbar on my page. Could someone kindly show me what the scroll bar looks like?
It depends on your users and which screen resolution they use. You are not your users, so it doesn

Meeguk
03-18-2007, 12:40 AM
It depends on your users and which screen resolution they use. You are not your users, so it doesn

Okay, I open a file in IE and saw the scroll bar on the left. Another problem to deal with.

When I convert my htmlpage from Tables to layers and then open in Firefox, everything works fine, even the rollovers. In IE, the htmlpage loads fine and looks good, no scroll bar, but no rollovers.

When I save the same file as a template ie dwt, and open in Firefox, the rollovers don't work.

I can't open the template page in IE. "Unknown file type."

Something obviously w/the template save. What could it be?

Templates don't open in browsers? Eureka!

So, my one problem is no rollovers when I open the page in IE. What would make the page work in Firefox, but not IE?

d a v e
03-18-2007, 06:31 AM
"I don't have this horizonal scrollbar on my page. Could someone kindly show me what the scroll bar looks like?"

resize your browser so it's smaller then you'll see the scrollbar ;)