PDA

View Full Version : FTP transfer problem

Reflexion
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
multimedia\gallerie_photos\gallery.xml - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put gallery.xml. Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.

multimedia\medias\CHOC juin 2005.pdf - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put CHOC juin 2005.pdf. Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.

images\Carte Variante A 54 MW.jpg - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put Carte Variante A 54 MW.jpg. Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.

Why cant I load those files???

edbr
03-12-2007, 03:28 AM
check the chmod on you folders to see if you have write permission

jmcava
03-12-2007, 05:05 AM
whats the write permission and where can i get access

edbr
03-12-2007, 05:30 AM
How are you uploading your files?
Here is a shot of my server using Filezilla, on the left you can see permissions. by right clicking for properties you will get some options, make sure you can write to these folders write

edbr
03-12-2007, 05:35 AM
How are you uploading your files?
Here is a shot of my server using Filezilla, on the left you can see permissions. by right clicking for properties you will get some options, make sure you can write to these folders

Reflexion
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Thank you for your respond

I am uploading my files using the ftp transfer on Dreamweaver and I also tried using smart ftp, both of them did not worked for those files.

And how can I see the write permission?

And I am uploading it on a free host, can this be the problem?

And how do I see the chmod?

edbr
03-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I have no Idea about the free hosting, but I doubt it.
in your ftp program you can see the folders and files on your server. Each will have permissions.

attached is a shot of my server files. I haven't used smart.ftp but i am sure it is the same.
By right clicking and getting properties I get the box shown in the second shot if your folders do not have write permission, then that is the problem if they do then it is somewhere else. Try this first

Reflexion
03-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Your seeing this property panel of "write read" permission when you are looking at the file On the Ftp, but I can not put it On the ftp.

I am now using Filezilla, but I can not see the properties when the files are on my pc. All I can see is the normal windows properties panel.

gmcrone
03-13-2007, 07:50 AM
You need to change the permissions on your web site (host).
You won't see it on your own computer.

A free host may not let you change permissions.

Mike...

Reflexion
03-13-2007, 10:57 AM
hmmm

thank you

domedia
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Did this work for you or no Reflexion?
Your host should be able to help you as well with issues relating directly to their services.

Reflexion
03-13-2007, 10:13 PM
sorry, how can I change my permission on my host??

domedia
03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
You change permissions through your FTP client as said previously. Look into the documentation of your software.

If you still have problems changing permissions, let your host know of your problem.