PDA

View Full Version : Multiple User Login, individual "Profiles"

LegionSmith
03-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok, so I've got about 85 different baseball coaches that need to be able to log into the coaches office and see only their information. Once inside the coaches office there is a form with fields like "Name" "Phone Number" "Field Directions" and stuff like that. These Form fields should be populated with the correct information from the database, but still be editable (update record) by the coach that is logged in. What I'm trying to do here is have one set of pages that is auto-populated with the information of the particular coach that is logged in instead of making 85 different pages for each coach I just want one sort of "Master-Detail page". I'm assuming that this needs to be done using "Sessions" but I'm not quite sure how to do this. I've got the log in form already set up and I've got a database containing all the information on the coaches including login and password. I have an example of how the form was originally done on the asp site.
But I don't have any examples of the backend code that processed which user was logging in and pulling in that's users database information. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Smith
**Original Form Below**

Option Selected: View/Edit Coaches Information
</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>

<form action="legion_administration.asp?opt=109&amp;team_id=15" method="post" id="Form12">
<table id="Table35" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000066" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="515">

<tbody><tr>
<td>Team Name</td><td><input name="team_name" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text53" value="Arapahoe" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Post</td><td><input name="team_post" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text54" value="103" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Sponsor</td><td><input name="team_sponsor" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text55" value="NA" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team City</td><td><input name="team_city" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text56" value="Centennial" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Zip</td><td><input name="team_zip" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text57" value="80121" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches Name</td><td><input name="team_coach" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text58" value="Luke Muller" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches Address</td><td><input name="team_coach_addr" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text59" value="6317 S. Lafayette Pl" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches City</td><td><input name="team_coach_city" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text60" value="Centennial" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches Zip</td><td><input name="team_coach_zip" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text61" value="80121" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches Home Phone</td><td><input name="team_hphone" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text62" value="303-929-0373" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches Cell Phone</td><td><input name="team_cphone" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text63" value="Same" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches Work Phone</td><td><input name="team_wphone" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text64" value="Same" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Head Coaches Email Address</td><td><input name="team_coach_email" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text65" value="mulls19@hotmail.com" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Assistant/Mgr.</td><td><input name="team_assistant" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text66" value="NA" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Assistant/Mgr. Home Phone</td><td><input name="team_assistant_hphone" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text67" value="NA" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Assistant/Mgr. Cell Phone</td><td><input name="team_assistant_cphone" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text68" value="NA" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Assistant/Mgr. Email Address</td><td><input name="team_assistant_email" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text69" value="NA" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Home Field Name</td><td><input name="team_field_name" class="inputCDSTD3" id="Text70" value="Arapahoe High School" type="text"></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>Team Home Field Directions</td><td><textarea name="team_field_directions" rows="10" cols="40" id="Textarea5">I-25 to Dry Creek. West on Dry Creek for about 3-4 miles. School is on the corner of University and Dry Creek</textarea></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td colspan="2">
<!--<input type=hidden name=division_id value='' ID="Hidden18">-->
<input value="Edit Coaches Info" id="Submit17" name="Submit8" type="submit">

</td>
</tr>

</tbody></table>

</form>

davidj
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
all i can advise is try to do this in PHP using the following as a guide

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm

if you have to retain the ASP language then there is not much i can help you with.

westmatrix99
03-16-2007, 08:00 AM

stoneygossard
03-23-2007, 06:25 PM
if you have to retain the ASP language then there is not much i can help you with.

Can I ask you something David?

Are you strictly an open source guy or do you just think that ASP is a dying language?

Stoney

davidj
03-24-2007, 02:13 PM
hell no

there will always be some form of ASP and its recomended if a company has a microwsoft windows platform then it would only be logical to use a scripting language that already comes from the same stable

I used to use ASP for that reason but then i moved to a company that favoured PHP due to the cost implication and i have been using PHP ever since. I could pick it back up if i thought there was a need.