PDA

View Full Version : Is the Fire out?

frobe99
03-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I am a long time Fireworks user and it seems that, like and old soldier, it's starting to fade away. Sure, Adobe is apparently going to release Fireworks 9, but really, why bother? Most of the tutorials I've seen are for Photoshop and I don't know of any new books on Fireworks.

Fireworks users, is it time to give it up?

gmcrone
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I am a long time Fireworks user and it seems that, like and old soldier, it's starting to fade away. Sure, Adobe is apparently going to release Fireworks 9, but really, why bother? Most of the tutorials I've seen are for Photoshop and I don't know of any new books on Fireworks.

Fireworks users, is it time to give it up?

NO. Adobe plans a long life for FW.
Announcement from Adobe in a few days..

Mike...

frobe99
03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
NO. Adobe plans a long life for FW.
Announcement from Adobe in a few days..

Mike...

Fair enough, Mike.
I'll be interested to see if it will be worth upgrading to FW9.

gmcrone
03-13-2007, 01:41 AM
I wish I could tell you more, but I am sure you will like the new features in the CS3 version.
Adobe plans on announcing the CS3 package on March 27 at 3pm. Won't be available then though.

Mike...

domedia
03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm at SXSW in Austin right now, and one of the Adobe presenters was using DW CS3 for some of the stuff. Same interface, but I noticed some AJAX integration.

domedia
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Mike have you seen the new Fireworks? I'm guessing so based on your comments ;)

I'm watching a demo of it by Adobe this moment, and I'm pretty excited. Importing PSD documents with the layers, layer folders and layer effects intact. Hierarchical layer directly in Fireworks. No problem working together with people using Photoshop. + much more, but I'm not too much of a Fireworks user to know to which extent it's taking the software forward.
Frobe, you're in luck it, Adobe seems very commited.

gmcrone
03-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I am one of the beta testers and until I know what has been said publicly I can't comment on all the new things in it.
I'm not even supposed to say I am a beta tester.....

Mike...

kate
03-13-2007, 09:06 PM
~shouts to Adobe~

GmCrone has told us he is a beta tester...lmaoooooooooooo

:D

gmcrone
03-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Gee, thanks Kate, I needed that....:lol:

Mike...

edbr
03-14-2007, 09:06 AM
A forum what a good place to keep a secret8-)