PDA

View Full Version : $MM_donotCheckaccess = "false"; - php - what is it?

nanny
03-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi this is part of the restrict access behaviour in Dreamweaver, does anybody know what it means, some have false, some have true.

Thanks

davidj
03-09-2007, 07:42 AM
its a variable set to false. A boolean.
like yes and No, 1 and 0 etc

look at the code below and see if you can understand it. If you cant then you need to start from the begining

$var = true

if ($var == true){

echo the var is true

}

nanny
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks
So basically it means being set to false that it will Checkaccess rather than if it was set to true it would be that it will not Checkaccess for the MM value in the access behaviour.

nanny
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Actually I can't work out since I have changed my restrict access behaviour on my pages to include access level as well instead of just username and password previously, that it will not work.
Very frustrating I must say. That is why I am trying to decipher the behaviour to work out what to change now.
Do you have any suggestions to search?

Thanks for your time.

davidj
03-09-2007, 09:16 AM
please follow my tutorials

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm

you gain a much better knowledge and will understand how to code

drop the dreamweaver code as this will cause you problems in the future.

Look at it like this...
Currently you know how to operate an autopilot on an aircraft. You are pushing all the right buttons and can make the autopilot turn and climb, dive and do loops but what happens when the autopilot fails! wouldnt it be better to learn how to fly the aircraft manually?

nanny
03-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Yes I will have another look, but I was worried that all the behaviours work together and thought that I wouldn't be able to work with what I have done so far.
I am at the tail end of this project and was thinking the same - remove the Dreamweaver code but then thought of the huge amount of change I would need to make.
Thanks.

davidj
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
honestly

take an hour to follow the tuts then see how what you have learned fits into what you want

it will cut your dev time down dramatically