PDA

View Full Version : designation in multimedia

indianleo
03-08-2007, 07:44 AM
can you please tell me the designation can be obtained after doing web designing co

from low level to high level designation and also its uses

davidj
03-08-2007, 08:13 AM
please explain

not sure what you mean

indianleo
03-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I mean after doing web designing how many designation you can achieve according to the use to the high leve

gregfindley.com
03-08-2007, 09:41 AM
What do you mean by designation?

indianleo
03-08-2007, 09:51 AM
post of working

gregfindley.com
03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
So now the message, as I understand is...

I mean after doing web designing how many POST OF WORKING you can achieve according to the use to the high leve

So, how long after designing websites can you look to get a post of work... a job? How long once you've been designing websites can you get a job working for a company?

Most companies look for 2-3 years experience min. I believe,

Greg

indianleo
03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
is webmaster post good, is it high than Graphic cum web designer post

indianleo
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
If I learn flash scripting what post I can achieve and till what post I can go

gregfindley.com
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
To be honest indianleo, it all depends on the company, in one company a web designer post may be on a higher salary than a web coder, but in another company the opposite. There is no general rule to say which is "higher" or "better", I think as a designer if you have experience of standard coding such as HTML/XHTML/CSS as well as experience using Flash you will be able to get a higher salary.

Greg

indianleo
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
thanks for your help
I had given a post of graphic cum web desigjner , So I want to know is it higher than webmaster or lower

gregfindley.com
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
No problem :)

So you have been offered a post of Graphic/Web designer and you want to know if that is higher or lower than a webmaster? It all depends on the company offering it to you, and how you perceive it being higher/lower? By salary? By responsibility? etc

Greg

davidj
03-08-2007, 10:51 AM
i think indianleo wants a breakdown of what posts are available in the industry and what ranking each one holds or what salary each would command.

anybody want to answer..

indianleo
03-08-2007, 11:04 AM
exactly
The same iformation I want
to know what posts are available in the industry and what ranking each one holds or what salary each would command.

gregfindley.com
03-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Right, where are you based indianleo? As this obviously varies greatly depending on location

You may find some useful info here: http://webdesign.about.com/od/jobs/Jobs_in_Web_Design_HTML_Web_Development_Profession al_Web_Careers.htm

Greg

indianleo
03-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Actually I am 20 years old,
I know web designing
flash, Dreamweaver, photoshp , Illustrator I want to know what more should I know to get better job

domedia
03-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Are you based in India, Leo? Look for some Indian forums for really detailed information about your local/national job market. With a country of more than a billion, that graduates more than 50.000 comp sci majors a year (or so I've heard), there should be some pretty good national resources to help you out as well. It might be that you need an education to back you up as well, again depends a little on the situation where you live which I can't give any advice on. As far as terms go, a webmaster is usually a one person do-it-all. Working alone on smaller websites. This title is disappearing quickly though as far as I can see. If I get your skillset right, you should be looking for an entry level job, internship etc.

edbr
03-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Leo ,I have an employment agency in bali. I have just placed a 23 yr old fresh from Uni in a company. he already has a n impressive portfolio in all the skills you mention as well as a gift for drawing. His salary is less than 150 pound sterling a month! It matters where you are.
This salary is low even for here but he is prepared to do it for experience. It is the same in all jobs ...Pay your dues, prove your worth then ask for what you are worth, Good luck leo.