PDA

View Full Version : More Thumbnail Gallery Questions

inspector lee
03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey again.
Well, I'm trying to create a rotating thumbnail gallery using Flash, and it works o.k. but with a glitch. For some reason the Flash content plays over the top of the other images, when it's not even selected (when the cursor hovers over one of the other thumbnails rather than the thumbnail for the Flash content). Here's my test page: test (http://www.marshallalmeida.com/Public%5Fhtml/Assets/3D/Flash%20Test/3DTest.htm)
If you check it out, you'll see what I mean (try putting the cursor over one of the grey placeholders rather than the thumbnail for the Flash content)
I'm hoping this is a simple fix for one of you HTML gurus.

domedia
03-07-2007, 08:22 PM
By default flash content will display on top of other content almost no matter what. I'm sure we have some flash people here that will be able to give you a fix though. Raman, chris, davidj, etc ?

davidj
03-08-2007, 08:09 AM
i cant see problem

can some one point this out to me

inspector lee
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
when you hover your cursor over one of the grey "Placeholder" thumbnails, doesn't the flash content continue to play right over the top of the placeholder image?

davidj
03-08-2007, 03:53 PM
no

let me do a couple of screens to show you what im seeing

davidj
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
my print screen key isnt working on my new microsoft keyboard

inspector lee
03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
I also get slightly different results, depending on the browser. With Safari, the Flash content plays continuously, slightly off to the left (wether or not I place my cursor over it's thumbnail.) and then I see a second version of it (centered) when I place my cursor over the thumbnail for the Flash content.

In other browsers, it doesn't play continously, but the off-center version pops up and plays over the other images, whenever you hold your cursor over one of the grey placeholder images.