PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour with two actions

Lotti
03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
I want to create a site similar to this:

http://www.day.dk/html/lookbook/?xml_item=lookbook_ss07_women

I think I need to use behaviours, but I've never used them before.

How do I create a behaviour that when the web user clicks the thumbnail image the image is shown larger in the middle column and details in the far right?

Thanks

Lotti

domedia
03-05-2007, 06:27 PM
This is the Image Swap Behavior.
The help files/tutorial will give you detailed instructions. Basically set the behavior on the thumbnail, and choose the larger image to change, and set which image it should display.

Welcome to the forums btw!

Lotti
03-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Many thanks for the advise, at least I know I'm starting in the right place by looking at behaviours

Thanks for the welcome

Regards

Lotti

Lotti
03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
sorry, another question, I thought the swap image behaviour, swapped an image for another at the same location, I want it to swap an image at a different location, i.e. not itself. Do I still use swap image?

Thanks

domedia
03-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, just choose another image to use for the swap, help files will give you detailed instructions

You want to change another image/object at step #4 in this help file:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/8/using/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=19_jsb37.htm

Good Luck!

Lotti
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
OK, so I'm clearly having a blond moment.

I have set up a set of 9 thumbnails in the left hand column. In Dream weaver I have added one image to the centre column (the larger image) I've followed the tutorial, and now if I click on the large image one thumbnail image changes which is the reverse of what I want to happen - which yes I can probably work out, but I can't work out how to associate one big image with each thumbnail and for it to be shown when the thumbnail is clicked.

I'm sure I'm doing something really stupid - was wondering if I need to use layers to get the multiple large images on top of each other, rather then by just calling them by referencing them which doesn't seem to work?

domedia
03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
First select the thumbnail, and when you get to step #4, then choose the large image name :)

You're probably doing it the other way around.