PDA

View Full Version : Im Really Sorry

davidj
03-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Well it was one of those weekends where everything went wrong.

picture the senario....

I had recently claimed on a damaged carpet and on saturday the cheque arrived for the sum of 572.50.. EXCELLENT i said to the wife. Lets go get pissed. Then i opened the second letter of the day! The solicitor who acted for me when i purchased the house wrote to advise he had undercharged me for his services to the value of 603.47. NICE you cant make this stuff up!

Then on sunday we had a radiator which spewd water all over our bathroom floor lifting the flooring to the tune of 160 + fitting

So lets take these words and create a well known idiom.. Straw, broke, camel, back ..... read on...

I have a ACER laptop. It was an insurance replacement for a high end DELL model which melted. Anyhoo the ACER machine had always given me trouble. By positioning the cooling fans on the bottom of the machine in the same place as your legs went when using the machine as a LAP TOP ! (i highlight the word lap to bring in some sarcasim) ment that the machine would overheat regularly. I had completed some work on the machine backing up as i went and then proceeded to burn it onto disk

(the following task was performed minus the LAP and replaced with a table)

disk 1 was ok for 89% before over heating
disk2 was ok for 97% before overheating
disk3 was ok for 45% before overheating

I am getting abit upset about now

disk4 was ok for 97% before overheating

at this stage as before i gave it 10 minutes cool down time before powering up and this last attempt was what turned me into a evil beast of hell

I pressed the start button and got an error! well i think it was as it was in klingon.

The machine was goosed. All that work!

I lungged for the 1000 paperweight and holding it firmly by the usless monitor with my claw like fingers i lifted it over the top of my head and with all the might i could muster (eyes bulging and veins protruding) brought it crashing down on the corner of my bed post!

i stood surrounded in fragments of bed and laptop shaking and trembling! Oh how i laughed and laughed and laughed AND LAUGHED!

ok so the wife wants a new bed this weekend, I need a new laptop, I thought i had 572.50 but instead had to pay 30.97 difference and we need new flooring for the bathroom.

So as you can see due to this weekend i wont be able to give 100% to the club untill i get a new machine and will try to squeeze in as much as i can get away with at work during my lunch hour so please be patient with me if you dont get a response straight away.

IM REALY SORRY!

domedia
03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
ouch..

sorry to hear that, I'm glad you're able to make a funny story out of it though ;)

davidj
03-05-2007, 04:36 PM
well its a good thing really...

instead of putting up with a shite machine im aiming high

http://www.alienware.co.uk/product_detail_pages/Aurora_mALX/aurora-m_overview.aspx?SysCode=PC-EU-LT-AUR-M-ALX&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

how do you get that past the wife ?

kona72
03-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Tell her it also does laundry.... HAHAHAHA

edbr
03-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Is it waterproof and able to bounce?

kate
03-13-2007, 07:33 PM
How are things now David?

Better I hope!