View Full Version : CONVERT ACTIVE CONTENT problem

02-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Recently, I opened an html page in DW8, and a dialogue box appeared called "Convert Active Content". It said "This page contains <object> tags that may not work properly in the most recent versions of Internet Explorer. To correct this problem, you can convert these tags to browser-safe scripts. Do you want Dreamweaver to convert these tags for you?" So, being the trusting soul that I am, I clicked "yes." But when I uploaded my page, I could not see the Flash videos that I had put in this page. The same thing happened with another page. So I created new pages, and clicked on "no" when the "Convert Active Content" dialogue box appeared, and my Flash videos appear again.

I really would like to avoid the annoying double-clicking that has to happen with the new IE browser whenever I include Flash content, but this work-around does not work. Any ideas? Thanks.

02-26-2007, 10:22 AM
post ya code

let see the code before and after dreamweaver murders it.

02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
This is related to the Dreamweaver 8.02 update. When working correctly Dreamweaver should remove the object tags and use the AC_RunActiveContent.js to embed your swf files.

This prevents the click to activate content pop in IE when you hover over a swf file and is something I use.

The reason your SWF may have disappeared will probably have something to do with the AC_RunActiveContent.js I would have thought.

Just make sure that in your root site folder dreamweaver has created a folder called scripts and that this file AC_RunActiveContent.js is in there.

This will also need uploading to the server but if you select to upload associated files dreamweaver should include this.

Hope this helps.


I was over the moon when Macromedia included this in the 8.02 update as prior to this your had to do this manually using something like swfobject to prevent the click to activate content pop up.

02-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks, Ricky. That was the problem. Everything is fine now.